Solo Trip from Mumbai to Bangalore – Reached Goa

Have you heard of Comp Offs? They are piled up when you work for extra days. Forget this year’s Comp Offs, I had a lot of them from the last year which would lapse if I don’t utilize them. Hence, a planned trip to utilize the Comp Offs.
Mumbai rains at full throttle leaving no place dry. In-fact the government had announced high alert in Maharashtra for heavy rainfall. Like always I went against everyone’s will and planned Bangalore 1000 Km trip in July first week. Plan was to reach Bangalore in One day (Iron Butt challenge). 
Bags packed, Bike Serviced, ready to roll. I choose 2nd July, 2016 4am in the morning and started the Trip. It was raining dogs and cats. Within the first 50 Kms, I was drenched in Rain and Shoes accumulated water irritating the fuck outta me.
I wanted to abandon my trip in Khandala itself where my bag fell on the road. I was frustrated as I was not able to gain enough momentum (speed) in my journey. I almost decided to stay back in Khandala itself but then my Ego came in between as I did a bigtime build up about my trip in front of my friends. Losing the track within 100 Kms was unlike me, so I decided to atleast reach Pune which is a respectable 200 Kms distance.
I reached Pune in 5 hours to take my first halt. Removed my Jacket and Shoes trying to dry it. Realizing that my average is 40kms/hour demotivated me to continue my trip to Bangalore. It wasn’t raining heavy in Pune, so I decided to push on till Satara.
Insult to injury I deviated from the National Highway to take a longer route through the ghats of Pune. Rain was punching me hard which I took it to my Ego and decided to cross Satara and reach Kolhapur.
Reached Kolhapur covering 400 Kms in 10 hours. Plan was to stay there and visit the Kolhapur Wild life sanctuary. Having the Kolhapuri Chicken Thali and deciding the future of my trip, something struck me. Bangalore was still 600Kms away and with continuous rain pouring I knew it will take me an extra day to reach there. Suddenly I realized that this is the same road that goes to Goa and there’s a Wild Life sanctuary near Goa too. “Just 300 Kms more” that’s what I told myself and abandoned Bangalore trip and headed to Goa. 

Time to cross Amboli Ghat and I face heavy Fog on my way (Kyu Bhai, Kya chal raha hai? Amboli Ghat answered “Fog”). Visibility was hardly 10% (Like I have a calculator inside my head) as I rode slowly through the Ghat. “Beautiful death” was my reaction when I reached the top. I had company there as lot of people were already dancing and singing on the road. Deciding not to accompany them, I headed to Goa.
14 hours, 700 KMs and I was in Goa. Called up my parents to inform them that I reached Goa instead of Bangalore. Friends laughed at me but I was happy to reach here instead of giving up in Khandala itself.
Oyo Rooms – Your concept is perfect and ideal for travellers like me. All my trip I just booked rooms through the app and enjoyed the comfort and quality of Oyo rooms.

Here are some Images from this memorable Trip:



Goan Prawns Curry Rice. My meal to sum up the long rainy day. 
The King Fish thali that satisfies my soul.






Solo Drinking session in Goa


At fort Aguada


The Ride remains Royal in the trip

Comments