Camping at an Isolated Beach near Goa

The plan sounded extremely cool to me. Camping at an isolated beach near Goa-Maharashtra border.
Buy new Quecha Tents, Solar Lamp, Sleeping Bags, grocery for camping survival, Weapons, etc.
Unfortunately, it was not a Bike trip, as the other two friends accompanying me suck at riding. While our Leader was coming all the way from Hyderabad on bike and join us directly.
23rd January 3.30 am in the morning we begin the journey. Zen Estilo was our machine
(Tiny Nano like car that we were not sure if it will complete 600 kms journey). Let’s say that I was too big for the car (Atleast my friend won’t feel bad about his car).
Freezing cold outside as the winter was at its peak and we hit the road. Taking pictures on journey was just too old school this time, Videos were the new cool thing we were after. We actually planned a script for how we wanted our Video to be like (Advantages of having a professional Editor in the group).
Sacred to see the tiny car running at 120kms on highway, but we were covering the distance real fast. Pee breaks were on a higher side as it was Winter time. One of the Pee break led us into Sugarcane farm where we unleashed the thieves in us. Quickly grabbing a Koyta to chop off Sugarcane and making a run before someone spotted us.
Spicy non-veg Lunch in Kolhapur got us up and running again. Heading towards Amboli ghat where we were overexcited to meet our Leader. Leader came in late all exhausted and dead after riding for 650 kms from Hyderabad only to hand me over his KTM Duke.
Excited! Riding a sports bike through Amboli Ghat which is one for the deadliest and feared ghats in country. After 20 kms I realized KTM is not my thing as I feel I was too big for it to give me any sort of comfort.
Finally, we reached our isolated Shiroda beach which was 30 kms away from Panjim. We had to set up the camp in fading sunlight. We found a spot near the beach and set up our tents. Quecha Tents were bloody easy to setup.

How cool it feels to sleep under the stars. Some cheap alcohol from Goa border got us drunk and dancing. Done and tired for the day we pass out early.

Where did we Poop (potty)? Great question. Now that you have asked me that, let me tell you about this adventure as well. 4 guys and we had 4 different plans for shitting. One got a potty bucket made out of a paint box which can be reused as the shit goes straight in a plastic bag. One of us got a spade for digging and burrowing the shit (Did you read about Manure from dung in 8th class?). One of us walked deep into the forest to do the job. So, how did I go about it? My plan was timing based. Get up at 6 am just before the sun rises. Dig the beach sand to do the job and cover it with the sand itself (I hope the kids won’t dig there make a sand fort).
Mornings use to start with our search for fire wood. Some maggi for breakfast, then cooking lunch.
Somehow I was the only one to spot movements in water, I kept telling the others that the fishes are very close to the seashore. While I was saying that there appear Dolphins in the sea. Group of them swimming together and they jumped. We were so astounded by the view that we hardy took any pictures of them. They only visited us on the first day.

Some fights over work division added to our camping experience. Anyways the fun that we had dominated the proceedings. Just FYI, we kept the environment clean as we had a garbage box kept around our tents.

I’ll like to sign off by saying “GO for camping and you’ll enjoying living post that”.


Comments

Post a Comment