A Gymnast Brat

I have tried to Title this very carefully.

It's about an 8 year old super hyper active kid (my cousin) who cares least about anything in the world other than playing. If playground scores were part of his curricular activities and Study being a part of Extra-curricular activities, then “yes” he would have scored the highest amongst his peers. Well, he wishes it was true.

At times I think how difficult it is to manage him, as his fun activities includes climbing passage walls by a leg split and a balance that depends on how firm he holds himself against the walls (I know it’s difficult to
imagine, but he does that). He easily climbs up on me like a Monkey, and I don’t hesitate to call him a monkey anyways. Some of the WWE wrestler jumps are performed at home, I am not going to mention the condition of the Bed he jumps on.

You call it a fluke or you call it observation skills, but one of his school teacher suggested to get him enrolled for Gymnastics classes and that’s a perfect decision made.  

This is how his schedule stands for the day (that schedule includes My Uncle, Aunty and my Grandmother): Tuition in the morning (I did mention he needs some help him clear his exams), Afternoon School (He is least excited about), and Gymnastic classes in the evening (He loves that more than his parents). Keeping the jokes aside, we know it’s really difficult to do it without real help.

So, the day starts with trying to wake him up early in the morning. His Mom sprints around the house to make him Brush his teeth, make him take Bath, his Breakfast, his clothes and packing his bag for the Tuition's. Then round two begins with making him eat lunch and getting him ready for school (just reaches on time to get inside the school bus). Now it’s my Uncle’s turn to make a sprint to the Gymnastic classes that makes him really happy.

Results:
Aunty is more fit then she was in her childhood days running behind my Cousin

Uncle has a 15 Inch bicep to flaunt as he goes to the Gym while my cousin attends Gymnastic classes (Did I mention pick up and drop is my uncles responsibility?)

My Cousin is currently 12 years old and has two District level Silver medals in Gymnastics and is recently selected for the State level games. That makes me a proud brother.

Hero of the story: Omkar


“A Healthy Kid does adds to a real healthy lifestyle of a family”

Comments